SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS
LESSONS & CLASSES
To register click on your favorite camp and select your camp dates.
Do you have a Summer Camp Coupon Code? Use them at checkout for great savings.
VKOC offers small and dedicated summer programs. Why small? We are an outdoor recreation facility. Your children will participate in sports activities that when properly offered will include dedicated attention and instruction. Our staff is trained, certified, and experienced. Our participants are 100% thrilled with our outdoor and sports camp.
Give your child a summer they will always remember.
Summer Camp is fun and at VKOC we make sure of it. Our camp is geared towards the outdoor and designed to develop a new love of the outdoors. Participants gain skills in SUP (stand up paddle boarding), kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, swimming and fitness and more.
Participants will enjoy instruction from trained and certified coaches in each discipline. Develop skills needed to compete in sports and still have a great time. Self assurance, confidence are the unavoidable benefits of our program. Level of fitness and prior experience are incorporated into each participant's program. And we have a great time!
Sports Camp is operated by VKOC
Adventure Camp is operated by Play Learn and Be Fit in collaboration with VKOC
Mt. Bike Camp is operated by VKOC in collaboration with HB Bikes
Fishing Camp is operated by Reel Love in collaboration with VKOC
Outdoor Adventure Camp 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sports Camp 10:00 am to 4:00 pm daily.
Extended hours are available starting at 8:00 am and as late as 6:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE CAMP ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED - WE OFFER SMALL GROUPS ONLY
Participants must to bring a change of clothes and towel. Sunblock and waterproof camera recommended. On Mt. Bike days, sneakers, biking shoes and non-loose fitting pants or shorts required (pants recommended). Helmets are provided with bicycles.
All activities are subject to weather. If severe weather approached camp may be cancelled with little notice. We will always keep the health and safety of your children at the forefront of our activities.
We do not offer a multiple child discount. We do offer discounts for multiple camp sessions.
No we do not offer refunds for campers that are unable to attend camp because they are sick. If the child is hospitalized we may provide credit for future camp enrollment.
No, if your child is asked to leave camp because they are unable to cooperate with camp rules, then you will not receive a refund.
Please notify our office at 786.224.4777
What do I do if I need to pick up my child early?
Please call us if you need to collect your child early on any give day so that we can be sure your child is ready for pick-up.
If your child is attending full day sessions, please send your camper with lunch. Beverages and snacks are included. Lunch however is not.
Camp will take place rain or shine. Florida weather changes quickly so rain in Kendall does not mean rain on Virginia Key. Our camp events revolve primarily around outside activities. Please dress your child appropriately for the weather. Please make sure your camper is wearing sunscreen or can apply it independently; our counselors are not permitted to apply sunscreen on your child. Rain gear may be needed at times.
On bicycling days campers should wear fitted pants or cycling gear. Loose fitting pants can get caught in gears and are not allowed. Sneakers or biking shoes are needed. Open toe shoes will not be allowed on the mountain bike trails. All participants must wear helmets (which are provided).
On water activity days your child should wear swim wear designed for sports. Revealing swimsuits are not allowed. Athletic quick drying gym-wear is best. Water shoes, or strapped sandals are fine. Your child should always bring a towel and dry change of clothes. Safety equipment is required and must be worn (this is provided).
If your child has special needs (dietary, allergy, behavioral, physical, etc.) then please notify us in advance by calling (786) 224-4777. We want your child to have the best camp experience possible and we can only do this if we know the unique needs of your child!
What if my child has behavioral problems?
We will do our best to work with your child. However, if your child presents a threat to other campers or staff, or if they are disruptive we will call you to pick them up.
CAMP RULES & COMPREHENSIVE POLICIES
- REGISTRATION Fees must be pre-paid to guarantee a spot for your child.
- Fees are refundable up to 72 business hours prior to commencement of Camp.
- Unused sessions are non-refundable.
- All activities are subject to weather. Camp will take place rain or shine. Final determination will be made by Program Organizers only. Keep in mind that rain in Kendall does not equal rain on Key Biscayne. Weather changes quickly in Florida. The instructor(s) will have sole discretion over rescheduled or changes activities.
- Each parent or guardian is responsible for the safety of his/her child(ren). The instructor(s) or premises owners/tenants will not be held liable for any event(s) occurring before or after the class.
- Your child’s safety is important. Participants must wear clothing appropriate for the events. Participants who fail to dress appropriately will not be allowed to participate. No refund will be provided for their inability to participate.
- Please dress your child appropriately for the weather. Please make sure your camper is wearing sunscreen or can apply it independently; our counselors are not permitted to apply sunscreen on your child. Rain gear may be needed at times.
- On bicycling days campers should wear fitted pants or cycling gear. Loose fitting pants can get caught in gears and are not allowed. Sneakers or biking shoes are needed. Open toe shoes will not be allowed on the mountain bike trails. All participants must wear helmets (which are provided).
- On water activity days your child should wear swim wear designed for sports. Revealing swimsuits are not allowed. Athletic quick drying gym-wear is best. Water shoes, or strapped sandals are fine. Your child should always bring a towel and dry change of clothes. Safety equipment is required and must be worn (this is provided).
- Disruptive behavior cannot be tolerated. This can ruin the experience for all other campers. Any child exhibiting a lack of self-control, violent behavior, or refusing to follow instructions or wear appropriate safety gear will be expelled from camp. A parent or listed authorized person must immediately pick-up the child. Unused session fees will not be refunded and will not be credited towards future events.
- We will only release campers to individuals a parent or guardian identifies on the registration form. If your child has a car or is allowed to leave alone, or with a friend, you must provide written permission.
Questions? Please call us. We are happy to help.
Esther Alonso-Luft, VKOC
Play Learn and Be Fit Program Information