Its not just push and pull. In fact its not that at all. Enjoy you time on the water and learn to paddle the right way. Students are presented with basic information on dressing to paddle safely
and potential hazards and simple rescues. A minimal paddle skill set is presented and practiced, allowing students to safely and comfortably maneuver on still water. This is an ACA Level 1
• Identify and Understand your equipment (Kayak types, parts, materials; paddles types, parts, hand positions, sizing)
• Terminology: onside, offside, etc.
• Car Topping: racks, tie downs, loading and unloading
• Launching: from land or docks
• Body Position - It shouldn't hurt to paddle.
** Forward: Hull moves forward in a straight line.
** Forward Stopping: boat stops within a reasonable distance.
** Spin: (onside & offside) Hull pivots from standstill.
** Turn: Hull turns while underway.
** Abeam: Hull moves sideways from standstill.
• `Assisted Rescues (overview)
$85 per person with a boat
$65 per person with your own boat
Approximately 4 hours.
Meet at 9:00am